Thanks to the Simple Mills website for this gluten free recipe!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 9-10 Belgian waffles; depends on your waffle iron
For the Waffles:
5 large eggs
2/3 cup water
3 Tablespoons grapeseed or vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
1 box Simple Mills pancake and waffle mix
2 Tablespoons moringa powder
2 teaspoons tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
For the Lemon Yogurt Sauce:
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt, or your non-dairy yogurt of choice
1 ½ Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon of water (omit if using thinner, non-Greek yogurt)
Salt and pepper to taste
For the Garnish:
Sliced baby cucumber
Sliced grape tomatoes
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the water, oil, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Stir in the Simple Mills pancake and waffle mix, moringa powder, and tapioca or arrowroot.
- Once your waffle iron is pre-heated, lightly grease the plates.
- Pour batter into the iron and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cool completely, then stack in an airtight container. Separate each waffle with a piece of wax paper or parchment paper.
- Cover and freeze until ready to eat.
- Thaw the waffles on the countertop, or microwave them in a heatproof container.
- Make the sauce by whisking all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- To serve, drizzle slightly cooled waffles with lemon yogurt sauce and garnish with a sprinkle of scallions, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
Note: Waffles keep (without sauce or garnish) in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days, or in the freezer for up to a month. The sauce can be made up to 48 hours in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat.